Sunday, April 10, 2011

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?!?!

You know, part of the best thing in SL is meeting people.  I meet lots of people all the time and think...wow...that person was pretty cool.  So imagine my excitement when I realized...I have a platform to show off those great people too.  A few months ago I got addicted to SFL...Secondlife Football League.  Ha Ha, I know nothing about football, but as I have told my close and personals....I love a crowd.  A good excited fun crowd, nothing beats that.  And the best places to find those crowds in SL are in clubs or in sporting events.  In any case, I met some really cool people and I'd love to take this chance to introduce you to one of them now.  The Defensive Captain of the SFL Cowboys, the Part Owner of Unwrapped Club, and a pretty all around cool guy...Cyke Troglodite. 




Krysta: Tell me a little about how you got started with SFL?

Cyke Troglodite: I was approached by a really good friend... someone I knew from djing and asked if I had any interest in joining the league and giving it a shot. Before, I was really skeptical about it, I had a bunch of preconceived idea's about it. When someone I knew asked me to join, and I looked at other people I knew who were a part of it, it got a lot more attention from me. So i gave it a shot, and here we are some 7 months later

Krysta: Clearly, playing football in SL has to have it's...differences. What is one of the things hardest, as a player, for you to adjust to?

Cyke Troglodite: Well aside from fandom, I don't have much real experience playing football outside of backyard stuff. The hardest thing for me to learn was the different techniques to approaching. I was put on the linemen early on because I was a late comer. It wasn't where I wanted to go, but it's actually become an amazing part of the game because like real football, SL football starts in the trenches

Krysta grins. Kinda dirty huh?

Cyke Troglodite laughs.

Krysta: Just saying...-smiles- Your position now? It's the defensive lead? Please, excuse me, I know like...very litte about the game itself. I just enjoy the tackling and the running parts...not so great on the details. You didn't start there, how have you grown as a player within the league?

Cyke Troglodite: I started as a lineman, I still play there, but I've been made Defensive captain. It was kind of an accidental promotion I guess you could say. I volunteered to scout. So I started watching the other teams games and taking notes. So then me and our coach and offensive captain would go over the notes and come up with gameplans. Those gameplans had to be adjusted during the game, so they asked me to make those calls, since I was the one watching the other teams so much.

Krysta laughs. That doesn't sound like an accident, but well earned. So you are part owner of UnWrapped...tell us a little about the club?

Cyke Troglodite: Well it's a fun little venue. Ladies only most of the time but we do have coed events as well.

 Krysta: And do all your dancers wear mouse slippers....??

Cyke Troglodite laughs.
Cyke Troglodite: well that would be giving away a secret wouldn't it.

Krysta: Ha Ha, I guess if anyone wants to know they will have to visit. So you are an all around do anything guy? You play football, run a club, and DJ right? Do you dance there as well?

Cyke Troglodite: It's been rumored that I take the stage occasionally. I leave all that to the professionals most of the time.

Krysta laughs and grins. "Mmhmm...so you know it is coming... I have to ask, because everyone will want to know about your status? Single, Married, GAY? Inquiring minds..

Cyke Troglodite: My status? lol. Well it's not gay. Cyke loves his ladies.
Cyke Troglodite: I am currently single. I had a relationship for a while that ended a few months ago. I have been taking it easy, playing the field.

Krysta grins and nods. "The football field...right?"

Cyke Troglodite: is there any other?

Krysta: Nope...-laughs- So what's the wins losses for the Cowboys right now? As a team, how do you think you are doing?

Cyke Troglodite: We are 3-3. Thats not as good as I would have liked to be. Our losses have been tough and close, but losses none the less. I think we are doing ok. I love my team mates. I wouldn't wanna play with anyone else.

Krysta smiles. "I bet they feel the same way....I think, that wraps it up for us talk wise...I don't wanna keep you forever. BUT...outside sir...time for pictures to show you off..."

Ladies and Gents, this writer...was made to blush at the invitation to said club.  I tped in, unawares, expecting to listen to some great music and meet some cool people and ...I DID....but I was also granted the vision of a naked man in mousie slippers.  I wasn't prepared and I am telling you, I was blushing and just glad it wasn't Mr. Toglodite himself...I may not have made it through the interview without blushing!

The morning spent talking to Cyke was great, he was amicable, forthcoming, and very excited and dedicated to his teammates.  I urge you to head out and see him play!  You can get tickets on the SL Marketplace, just type in SFL and the most recent games will show up.  Below I have also included the list of upcoming games, compliments of Mr. Troglodite himself.  Wanna meet them man for yourself?  Well, stop by Unwrapped to listen to him DJ, head over to a game....Or Hey...Join his group!!  The Cykotics and become a crazy for Cyke!


Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 6pm SLT – GC Redskins vs. TGF Dolphins – SFL Stadium
Friday, April 15, 2011 – 6pm SLT – Lion’s Den Patriots vs. BOSL Browns – SFL Stadium
Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 3pm SLT – Twisted Vikings vs. DC Giants – SFL Stadium
Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3pm SLT – Polano Chargers vs. Wicked Cowboys – SFL Stadium
Wednesday April 20, 2011 – Onyx Bills vs. Heartland Cardinals – SFL Stadium
Friday, April 22, 2011 - 6pm SLT – BOSL Browns vs. Bluez Eagles – BOSL Brown’s Stadium
Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 3pm SLT – GC Redskins vs. Valhalla Packers – SFL Stadium
Sunday, April 24, 2011 - Bye (Easter Sunday)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6pm SLT – Polano Chargers vs. Twisted Vikings – SFL Stadium
Friday, April 29, 2011 - 6pm SLT – BOSL Browns vs. Frank’s Lions – SFL Stadium
Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 3pm SLT - Bluez Eagles vs. Heartland Cardinals – SFL Stadium
Sunday, May 1, 2011 – 3pm SLT - Valhalla Packers vs. Wicked Cowboys – SFL Stadium
Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 6pm SLT – Lion’s Den Patriots vs. Polano Chargers
Friday, May 6, 2011 - 6pm SLT – DC Giants vs. TGF Dolphins – SFL Stadium
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 6pm SLT - TGF Dolphins vs. Onyx Bills - SFL Stadium

No comments:

Post a Comment